Marijuana facts are as numerous as the myths and sometimes it is hard to clarify marijuana facts from fiction.
What follows are many incredible hemp and marijuana facts.
- During the 1930s, the American media propagated numerous false stories as marijuana facts and depicted weed as an extremely dangerous drug, thus marijuana and hemp were effectively banned in 1938.
- Hemp has an estimated 50,000 non-drug commercial uses including paper, textiles, fuels, food and sealants, but these uses are also banned by existing laws.
Medicinal Marijuana Facts:
- No one has ever died from marijuana use.
- Marijuana does not lead to physical dependency.
- Marijuana is less dangerous than tobacco and people smoke less of it at a time.
- No independent government panel that has studied marijuana has ever recommended jail for users.
- Marijuana leads to non-violence and pacifism.
- Marijuana for medicinal use is also gaining renewed recognition.
- Marijuana is a medicinal herb that has hundreds of proven, valuable therapeutic uses – from stress reduction to glaucoma to asthma to cancer therapy, etc.
- Marijuana was a major active ingredient in 40-50% of patent medicines before its ban.
- Marijuana could replace at least 10-20% of prescribed drugs now in use.
These marijuana facts are but a few of the many more unheralded marijuana facts that different authorities have attempted to keep from the public.