- Don’t “check” to see if the seeds are doing anything!
Touching the soil of germinating seeds will surely kill them at this stage!
- Seeds can take 3-14 days to germinate. Sometimes longer! Don’t let the top layer of the soil dry during germination. Also seeds from the same Marijuana may germinate at different times! Wait at least 2-3 weeks. Many assume that no more seeds will germinate after a few days. Only to find them germinating in the garbage!
- Spray pots and seedlings with water only if the top(s) start to dry. Don’t pour water because it will shift the soil and kill the seedling at a most tender stage.
- Only place 1 seed per pot. Or else you might have to kill one at a later stage.
- Germination will take much longer and the rate will decrease if the seeds are left to germinate at cool room temperatures (approximately 65-70 degrees). This happens more noticeably with tropical strains of Marijuana.
- Use distilled water.
If you can’t obtain it let your tap water sit for 24 hours to evaporate chlorine.
- Be patient, follow these tips, and you and your buds will soon start your fantastic journey!